Maoist accused of attack that killed 23 jawans surrenders in Bastar

 RAIPUR: A Maoist commander allegedly Involved in the April 2021 TekulgudaMaoist ambush, in which 23 security personnel were killed, surrendered before Bijapur police in Bastar on Monday. He carried a bounty of Rs 3 lakh. 

“Pandu Ram Savlam was the self-styled deputy commander of the Vajedu local operation squad, which functions under the Naxals’ Telangana state committee. He was involved in the Tekulguda encounter in Bijapur last year,” Bastar range IG P Sundarraj said. 
Savlam is a native of Jagargunda in Sukma district. According to police, he has said that Maoists are under immense pressure and that the state’s rehabilitation policy persuaded him to give up arms. He feels Maoist ideologies are ‘hollow’ and was fed up with a life of daily struggle and ‘harassment and biased behaviour’ by senior cadres, say police. 
Police have not said if they have extracted any new information from him on the Tekulguda attack. They say he will be interrogated thoroughly. 
Pandu had joined the Maoist ranks in 2009 in Silger as Chetna Natya Manch member. He was roped in by a Maoist commander named Lalu Korsa. After staying there for two years, he was made a militia platoon member in Silgel panchayat and handed a muzzle-loading gun. 

Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/raipur/maoist-accused-of-attack-that-killed-23-jawans-surrenders-in-bastar/articleshow/88820820.cms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Pakistanis among 7 terrorists gunned down in Kashmir Valley, says J&K Police

J&K Police attaches five houses after owners accused of sheltering terrorists

Oslo shooting being treated as 'act of Islamist terrorism', says Norwegian authorities