Maoists plan 14 battalions of PLA

Security concerns: Union Home Ministry has sent alerts to all states
The CPI-Maoist has finalised  plans to raise 14 battalions of  the People Liberation Army to counter the massive concentration of security forces in Chhattisgarh.
According to a secret document of the CPI- Maoist, obtained by the Andhra Pradesh Police, the PLA’s reorganisation, training, procurement and placement of forces have been championed by prominent Central Committee (CC) member and military commission second in command, Sonu alias Nambala Keshav Rao.

The Maoist document dated June 28 has caused ripples in the Union Home Ministry which has sent alerts to all state police concerned to step up anti-Maoist efforts and act swiftly against all front organizations.

The document surfaced after the week-long 10th anniversary celebrations of the CPI-Maoists, formed after the merger of the People’s War Group (PWG) and the Maoist Communist Centre (MCC) in the jungles of Chhattisgarh, and the meeting of the central committee at an undisclosed location in Jammu and Kashmir last week.

The Maoist document also revealed plans to designate several regions in AP, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, Odisha, Karnataka, UP and Maharashtra as 'guerilla zones ' in the near future.

Specially trained guerrillas will take position in these zones and continue protecting the people’s agitations for land, it said.

“Maoist dalams and action squads will wage war not only in their strongholds but also in new areas to display their muscle and commitment,” it said.

The Maoists were said to be active in 18 districts with the recent committee formed in J&K as well.

The 58-year-old Nambala Keshav Rao, alias Basavaraj, accused in over two dozen cases, also said to be accused no-2 in the last months Maoist attack on the Congress convoy at Sukma, is the brain behind the Maoist intelligence network. Gajjela Malla Raji Reddy, a member of the AP state committee is said to be heading the cell.

Meanwhile, central committee spokesperson Namburi Pratap has accused the police of spreading false reports claiming CPI-Maoist top leaders like Ganapati (secretary ), Katakam Ramakrishna and Sudarshan are sick. He said the police report is a ploy to mislead cadres.

A press release by Pratap, handed over to mediapersons at Paderu town in Visakhapatnam on Wednesday, also indicated the revival of Maoist district committees in Andhra Pradesh after a gap of eight years .

Reports from Chhattisgarh also confirm that the Maoists have constituted ‘Baal Action Teams’ to deploy school children in different capacities to counter the build-up of security forces.

BAT, a Maoists specialized school children unit which has been operational in Bastar region for the past several months, would also help the Baal Sanghams (children associations) and Chhatra Sanghams (student associations), that are already functional in LWE areas, intelligence sources said.

Bal Sanghams and Chhatra Sanghams were active for the past several years in the region. They use them as informers, messengers and even as shields during military operations.
Source: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/343017/maoists-plan-14-battalions-pla.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How a cyber attack hampered Hong Kong protesters

‘Not Hospital, Al-Shifa is Hamas Hideout & HQ in Gaza’: Israel Releases ‘Terrorists’ Confessions’ | Exclusive

Islam Has Massacred Over 669+ Million Non-Muslims Since 622AD